Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Morning Glory Smoothie



For many years I had the exact same morning routine. Wake up, get dressed, pour myself a bowl of cereal, scarf it down, and head off to school (or work). Even though I had no difficulty waking up, I never took the time to thoroughly enjoy the morning. It wasn't until I started eliminating processed foods from my diet that I began to realize the true beauty of the morning. Without my standard bowl of cereal to get me going, I had to put a little more thought into what I was going to nourish my body with each day. This led me to develop a new morning ritual. I call it, "my morning glory". With each morning meal I create, I try to set an intention for the day. What do I want to accomplish today? What am I thankful for? What is my purpose, my passion? Reminding myself of these things each morning nourishes my body, my mind, and my soul.


 This is my morning glory. It may just look like a smoothie to some, but this 24 oz cup of joy holds not only my physical nourishment, but also my intentions, my dreams, my gratitude and my spirit. So what is your morning glory? What do you nourish your body with? How do you start your day? I encourage you to think about this as you begin this coming week. Leave yourself a little bit of extra time in the morning to truly think about what brings you joy, what you are thankful for, and what you hope to accomplish this coming week. If you do so, I can promise you will notice a change.


My Morning Glory
Smoothie
~ Serves 1-2~ 

Ingredients:
~ 1 banana
~ 1 cup strawberries
~ 1 carrot, pealed
~ 1 orange 
~ Large handful of spinach
~ Lemon zest
~ 1 teaspoon matcha powder
~ 1 cup almond milk
~ 1/2 cup ice 


There are only three simple steps to making this delectable smoothie: 
 1) Place all ingredients in blender. 2) Blend until smooth. 3) Enjoy! 

Note: This morning I happened to be out of spinach, which is why the color is lighter. Normally it will look a bit browner. Still delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment