Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Cleaning: Last Day!

allaboutrowing.blogspot.com
 
Congratulations! You are on the last day of the cleanse. Woot woot! By now, hopefully you are starting to feel healthier, happier and more nourished. If you do end up following this cleanse, please let me know how it goes for you! Here are the recipes for Day III (last day).

Breakfast: Homemade granola


- 1/3 cup homemade granola (see recipe)
- almond milk, soy milk, or greek yogurt
- fresh/frozen fruit

Lunch: Your choice of Kitchari or Buddha Bowl
- Kitchari
- Buddha Bowl

Snack: Chia seed pudding
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/2 banana
-  1 cup almond milk
- handful of frozen blueberries
~ Soak chia seeds in water for 15 minutes. As it soaks it will gelatinize and thicken. In a blender, combine chia seed mixture and fruit and blend for a few seconds, until combined. Serve cold, or heat up over the stove.

Dinner:
With dinner, begin to bring back foods that you typically eat. If possible, try to stay clear of processed foods as much as possible. This is a good meal to think about your cravings. Are any of these cravings foods that are nourishing, healthy and real? If so, go for it! Make your favorite stir fry, or whole-wheat pasta dish. This meal will help you get back on track and focus on eating healthy, whole foods that you truly enjoy. If you'd like, let me know what these may be! If you do find you are craving something that you would like to stray away from, let me know. Perhaps I can help you find an alternative that will soothe your cravings.


I hope you are/have been enjoying the cleanse! I know I've said this a few times,  but if you do get a chance, please let me know what you think. I would love to hear your feedback!


No comments:

Post a Comment